Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Day 17: Wicked.

Jan 16th 2009:

It was a start of a free weekend to do as we pleased! So Krystina, David, Chris and I had bought really cheap tickets to see wicked! Basically the whole day revolved around wicked and singing the music and getting really excited to go see it. Chris and I pre-gamed the show by playing a billion card games....all of which I reined champion.... muwahhaah. I had seen it before a few years ago in Boston. I was in the 3rd row...because my mother loves me very much she got me three tickets to go. It was wonderful (wicked reference...it’s a song...okay I’m done.)
We all decided we wanted to make a night of it so we went early to the show to f
ind something to eat...there were no good places to eat around so we managed to find this huge tube station that’s attached to a mall and we got baguettes from upper crust/ food from other various places. I also got a smoothie that was really small and over priced...my bad.
AND I GOT A COOKIE!!
Well anyway we got to the theater and it was all decked out in green neon lights it was very emerald city. Even the foyer was decorated in green lights. It was so totally
WICKED!

The show was excellent...even despite the fact that we were in row X in the last balcony...aka the 2nd to last row in the entire theater....it was still magnificent. The music was wonderful as were all of the technical aspects of the show; From Elphaba flying in the air during "Defying Gravity" to all the set pieces moving on their own across the stage from Glinda entering on a bubble in the very first scene. It was all brilliant and obviously high-end Broadway theater. My favorite part was when Elphaba and Glinda go to Emerald City as soon as the music started all of the house lights turned on and were all neon green to match the scene it was incredible you really felt like you were there being surrounded by so much green The show was a lot of fun and I can’t wait until I have an opportunity to see it again...next time...I’m bringing my mum.

After the show we went back and dreamed Wicked Dreams.


The (Wicked) End


All my love, from across the pond,

Leighanne Evelyn.







No comments:

Post a Comment